BRPtacek

Default Linking files (Word)

When I insert a linked object (another word document) only the 1st page of
the linked document is included. I have checked option setting is the linking
and linked word files but nothing appears to control that.
CyberTaz

The whole file is being linked to, but only the first page is being
_displayed_ because Linked objects are like pictures & other graphics...
They cannot extend beyond the limits of the page into which they are
inserted. If you double-click the object the file will open in a Word window
& all will be accessible.

If you want the entire content of the 'Source" file to be contained (and
display) in the 'Client' file, you don't want a linked or embedded object.
Instead, use InsertFile to copy the Source content in on a page-for-page
basis.

If this isn't satisfactory, please give a clearer detailed indication of
what you are hoping to accomplish. Perhaps there are other alternatives to
consider.

HTH |:)

On 8/15/05 6:11 PM, in article
, "BRPtacek"
wrote:

When I insert a linked object (another word document) only the 1st page of
the linked document is included. I have checked option setting is the linking
and linked word files but nothing appears to control that.

BRPtacek

Thank you While it doesn't quite get me to where I want, it does answere the
puzzle of missing pages (which aren't missing after all.)

My objective is to try to have a document that is like a book, linking
chapters which are other documents. And doing my editing in the individual
chapters but having updates reflected in the book whene I print it. I thought
the linl or imbed was the way to go, but it looks like once I deit a chapter
and just need to delete the onld chapter and re-insert the new one in the
book. Thanks for your help

wrote:

When I insert a linked object (another word document) only the 1st page of
the linked document is included. I have checked option setting is the linking
and linked word files but nothing appears to control that.

Graham Mayor

First of all you would probably be better having the 'book' as a single
document, however to attain what you want Insert file and in the bottom
right corner of the file dialog Insert as Link.

wrote:

When I insert a linked object (another word document) only the 1st
page of the linked document is included. I have checked option
setting is the linking and linked word files but nothing appears to
control that.

BRPtacek

Thank you very much that does what I need exactly. The book example was the
best I could come up with to describe my objectioves. I actually a number of
seperate file that I maintain but that I want to print together. Again thanks
a million