numerical list question

Old September 3rd 05, 10:12 PM
Wilma

Default numerical list question

When making a list e.g..
1. Disconnect battery
2. Remove air filter housing
3. Remove Filter

I always get e.g..
1. disconnect battery
2. remove air filter housing
3. remove Filter
I get the prompt to change the 1st letter in each row to a Capital.
How can I set Word so that the 1st letter in each row is in Capital. I have looked through all there is in Tools & Format drop down
menus. I have check every unchecked box but still can't get what I want.
Thanks for any responses.
Big W

Old September 4th 05, 08:58 PM

If you read the article, you would see that Word is working as designed. The
answer to your question is that there is no way to make Word do what you
want, as recent versions are not intended to autocapitalize after numbers.
There are two Shift keys on every keyboard.

"Wilma" wrote in message
news
Sorry Suzanne but it makes no difference.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

See “Word does not capitalize the first letter of a sentence”
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291538

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old September 5th 05, 05:24 PM
Wilma

Hi again Suzanne. The only way I got it to work was by typing entering the list of items one below the other, highlighting all them
and clicking on the Numbering key. Thank you for your time and responses.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
If you read the article, you would see that Word is working as designed. The
answer to your question is that there is no way to make Word do what you
want, as recent versions are not intended to autocapitalize after numbers.
There are two Shift keys on every keyboard.

news