postitnote

Default Looking for someone really good at sentence/paragraph leading.

I am creating a document that has to have certain sentence and paragraph
leading (ideal is 16 for sentences and 18 for paragraphs). However, I'm not
writing regular text. I am writing a line and then hitting enter to write
the next line (so Word thinks it's a new paragraph). Here is an example:

do all the good you can
by all the means you can
in all the ways you can
in all the places you can
at all the times you can
to all the people you can
as long as you ever can

after john wesley, founder of methodism, 18c

Between each line/sentence there should be a leading of 16 and between the
last line and the next paragraph (the "after" line) there should be a leading
of 18. Any ideas on how I can get this to work the way I need it to since
I'm not typing to the end of the line and then running to the next?
Daiya Mitchell

You could hit shift-return at the end of each line, which will insert a
manual line break instead of a paragraph mark. Then Word will consider all
the lines part of the same paragraph.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Stefan Blom

And then in FormatParagraph, set Line Spacing to "Exactly" and specify
a value of 16 pt, and set Spacing After to 18 pt.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/