Why can't I delete a word if i highlight it and press a key?

Old September 8th 06, 03:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AUKenny

Default Why can't I delete a word if i highlight it and press a key?

If I highlight a section, and I press any key, the cursor jumps to the front
of the highlighted section, not deleting it. This includes the backspace
key. The only time it works is when I press the delete key.

Old July 8th 10, 03:28 PM
Tim H.I. Tim H.I. is offline

I have a similar problem; when I highlight a section and press enter, it does not delete it but instead, the cursor skips to below the area highlighted. If I highlight an area and type text, press delete or press backspace they all will overwrite the highlighted area but pressing enter will not delete it (pressing enter used to delete it). I have gone to: tools / options / "typing replaces selection" and the box is checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post

"AUKenny" wrote in message
If I highlight a section, and I press any key, the cursor jumps to the

front
of the highlighted section, not deleting it. This includes the backspace
key. The only time it works is when I press the delete key.

How to put graphics on envelopes? Steve Koenig Microsoft Word Help 20 September 14th 07 04:40 PM
MICROSOFT WORD SHOULD NOT BE RACIST Ak786 Microsoft Word Help 17 November 30th 06 04:11 PM
glossary macro in Word? Tipuana Microsoft Word Help 7 June 10th 06 07:06 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM