Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P. Zicari P. Zicari is offline

Default Linking Files

We have Word 2002/2003 documents that we are linking using Paste Special
(file link) in Word 2007. It is causing errors with the character spacing of
the text once the link is created. Is there a known cause or fix for this.
We are creating tests and this problem is making them un-usable. It gets even
more distorted once update link has been selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What happens if you select the contents, including the fields, and press
Ctrl+SpaceBar as well as Ctrl+Q (to restore settings to style)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"P. Zicari" wrote:

We have Word 2002/2003 documents that we are linking using Paste Special
(file link) in Word 2007. It is causing errors with the character spacing of
the text once the link is created. Is there a known cause or fix for this.
We are creating tests and this problem is making them un-usable. It gets even
more distorted once update link has been selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P. Zicari P. Zicari is offline

I tried the suggestion with no luck. It is still distorted. Any other
suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

"P. Zicari" wrote:

We have Word 2002/2003 documents that we are linking using Paste Special
(file link) in Word 2007. It is causing errors with the character spacing of
the text once the link is created. Is there a known cause or fix for this.
We are creating tests and this problem is making them un-usable. It gets even
more distorted once update link has been selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Which font set and attributes are you using?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"P. Zicari" wrote:

We have Word 2002/2003 documents that we are linking using Paste
Special
(file link) in Word 2007. It is causing errors with the character
spacing of
the text once the link is created. Is there a known cause or fix for
this.
We are creating tests and this problem is making them un-usable. It
gets even
more distorted once update link has been selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Does the text print badly or is it just a display problem?

Have you tried switching to Print Preview and back to see if it clears it?

Try using a different printer to see if that resolves it. Make sure that
Word can see the printer correctly and that the printer driver is locally
installed.

Terry

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
Tahoma size 12

"P. Zicari" wrote:

We have Word 2002/2003 documents that we are linking using Paste
Special
(file link) in Word 2007. It is causing errors with the character
spacing of
the text once the link is created. Is there a known cause or fix
for
this.
We are creating tests and this problem is making them un-usable. It
gets even
more distorted once update link has been selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
P. Zicari P. Zicari is offline

A combination of both. The text does not print badly but it is
adding/deleting spaces between characters. at times it adds enough spaces
between cahreacters that it looks like they are two different words. At
other times it pushes character closer together so a ol loos just like a d.

I appreciate your time.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Does the text print badly or is it just a display problem?

Have you tried switching to Print Preview and back to see if it clears it?

Try using a different printer to see if that resolves it. Make sure that
Word can see the printer correctly and that the printer driver is locally
installed.

Terry

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
Tahoma size 12

"P. Zicari" wrote:

We have Word 2002/2003 documents that we are linking using Paste
Special
(file link) in Word 2007. It is causing errors with the character
spacing of
the text once the link is created. Is there a known cause or fix
for
this.
We are creating tests and this problem is making them un-usable. It
gets even
more distorted once update link has been selected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

It definitely sounds like a printer error. I suggest checking that you have
the latest driver for your printer and then deleting and reinstalling it. If
possible, try a different default printer and test.

Terry

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Does the text print badly or is it just a display problem?

Have you tried switching to Print Preview and back to see if it clears
it?

Try using a different printer to see if that resolves it. Make sure that
Word can see the printer correctly and that the printer driver is locally
installed.

Terry

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
Tahoma size 12