Word 2007 Formatting Text

Old August 7th 20, 10:41 PM
Andy85 Andy85 is offline

Default Word 2007 Formatting Text

Hi.. This has been driving me crazy as something has happened in Word 2007 which is stopping me doing what I have been doing for years.

For example if I want to indent a paragraph the indentation affects several paragraphs above as well.

I place the cursor at the beginning of the desired paragraph to indent.. go to Page Layout as I have always done and then use 'Indent'

I cannot work out why this is also affecting a few paragraphs above as well

This also happens if I want to add bullet points.. I select/highlight the required text.. add the bullet points.. but bullet points are also added to a few paragraphs above.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

AndyP UK
Old August 8th 20, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

I'm not sure I know what you mean by Page Layout and Indent; I either
apply a Style that has indentation in it, or move the little upper
triangle in the ruler.

I wonder whether you've accidentally used the "line return" (or whatever
they call it -- pressing Shift Return instead of Return at the end of a
paragraph -- because that doesn't create an actual new paragraph?

To check, turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (ctrl-shift-8, or the
paragraph mark icon on the View ribbon). If you see a right-angle
arrow instead of a paragraph mark, that's the problem. (You can
select it and type Return to fix it.)

--
Andy85