Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zonaman49 Zonaman49 is offline

Default How to remove a document that is a download

I have a document listed in my recent document list that is a download from
the web and I want to stop it from doing that by deleting it. How do I do
that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

For Word up to 2003
If you want to delete them all then set tools options general recently
used files to 0, confirm the change, then change it back to the number it
was previously.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm

If you want to selectively delete, then it gets altogether more complicated,
but friend and fellow MVP Greg Maxey has done all the work - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

For Word 2007, the list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0