Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bill B. Bill B. is offline

Default Merge Multiple Records

I Have an Excel File which I am mailmerging with a letter. Most recipients
of this letter have one record but some have two or three I want to merge on
the same letter. How can this be done? I looked at some Knowledge Base
articles and I still cannot get this to work. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See fellow MVP Macropod's "Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge
Tutorial" at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included
with it as you must get the mail merge main document set up exactly as
required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Bill B." wrote in message
I Have an Excel File which I am mailmerging with a letter. Most recipients
of this letter have one record but some have two or three I want to merge
on
the same letter. How can this be done? I looked at some Knowledge Base
articles and I still cannot get this to work. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] diamondgator@hotmail.com is offline

Help!!

I have tried to do this according to the KB article as well as a Couple of
other Tutorials but am having no luck.

I have many clients with multiple accounts. My KEY field is CUS_TIN (Tax ID)
& each account deliniated by CUS_SEARCH_ID

Here's my field code:

{SET CUST1 {MERGEFIELD "CUS_TIN"}}
{if{CUST2}{CUST1}"
{MERGEFIELD "CUST_SEARCH_ID"}" "{MERGEFIELD "CUST_SEARCH_ID"}"}
{SET CUST2 {MERGEFIELD "CUS_TIN"}}

I do know that I don't have the {MERGESEQ} line as per article but I did
have it and it made no difference in what I am doing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Webb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] diamondgator@hotmail.com is offline

I should have said what it's not doing - and that is going to the next record.

it should be doing:
You have set up the following accounts

John Doe -
Acct 1
Acct 2
Acct 3

If any info is incorrect then you need ...

Yours Truly

But it is only looking at the first record and then stopping.
Thanks again!