Debby

Default How do I stop text from erasing when typing additions or correcti.

How do I stop text that I have already typed from erasing when I type
additional text and/or make corrections?

Thank you

Debby

Pat Garard

G'Day Debby,

You can set Word so that, when you Edit, Word...
EITHER Overtypes
OR Inserts
....as you type new text.

You appear to have it set to Overtype.

Try:
ToolsOptions
Edit (Tab)
Make sure that both boxes...
Use INS key for paste
Overtype mode
...are UNCHECKED.

With these settings...
a. Word will normally insert as you type new text AND
b. You can switch to Overtype (and back) using
the Insert key on the keyboard.

In the Word status bar, at the bottom of the Word window,
you will see a 'grayed out' OVR. When you press Insert,
this will become 'black' to indicate Overtype mode, press
Insert again to 'gray' it and return to Insert mode.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Debby" wrote in message
How do I stop text that I have already typed from erasing when I type
additional text and/or make corrections?

Thank you

Debby

Debby

Thank you very much! This has always been frustrating!

Debby

"Debby" wrote:

How do I stop text that I have already typed from erasing when I type
additional text and/or make corrections?

Thank you

Debby

How do I stop text from writing over other text in word? ngarvi01 New Users 4 April 13th 23 02:11 PM
How do I stop the line from moving when I am typing in a form fie. [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 December 27th 04 07:48 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
stop text between two asterisks from turning bold ppalaparthi Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 04 12:01 AM
Why does my computer stop typing in XP Delbert Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 02:29 PM