Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephen stephen is offline

Default Nobody can read docx documnets

I recently upgraded (?) to Office 2007 and have noticed that nobody can read
docx files when I e-mail them to other people. Plus it removed my old
version of office. I am stuck without a panel, FAQs don't even come close to
dealing with the subject.

I am up the creek without a paddle until I can get that fixed.

Regards
Stephen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

You have not been reading this group very long because otherwise you would
have seen that you need to do a Save as and change the type to 97-2003 Word
doc format or your recipients could download a compatibility pack. I'd
suggest the first option because it's rude to expect them to do something
special just so they can read your files - unless you are some grand poobah
whose words must be obeyed.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"Stephen" wrote in message
I recently upgraded (?) to Office 2007 and have noticed that nobody can
read
docx files when I e-mail them to other people. Plus it removed my old
version of office. I am stuck without a panel, FAQs don't even come close
dealing with the subject.

I am up the creek without a paddle until I can get that fixed.

Regards
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In addition to JoAnn's suggestion you also have the option of going into the
Office ButtonWord Options - Save & setting your default file format to Word
97-2003 Document... at least until the rest of the world catches up with
your quantum leap into cutting-edge technology. Then you can change the
setting back
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones