helios

Default mailmerge from Access parameter query only merges odd records

I am merging an Access 2000 parameter query into a Word 2000 form letter.
Everything seems fine, except only 4 of the 7 records I've filtered for are
showing up--Only the odd-numbered records. I have another form letter linked
to this query and my OS is XP, if that has any relevance.

The query is fine--it's the only reason I knew I wasn't getting all of my (7)
results in my mail merge document. When I run the mail merge, I have "all
records" checked to merge. Aaaand-I've checked my filters in the mail merge
helper: all blank.

I can get the even records to merge if I select to merge records 2 through 7
(or last record, I suppose). This is a bit annoying, though, and I abhor
tedium. I really want to know WHY! If anyone has run into this before, I'd
appreciate a solution.

helios

Don't I feel silly now. I did have one Next Record, and as soon as I
deleted it, all of my records merged. I should have tried that earlier.

Now my question is: is there a hidden or automatic Next Record command
that I'm missing? I've deleted the only one I inserted.
Thank you, Peter.

"helios" wrote in message
[...]

Peter Jamieson

There's an automatic one - I like to think of the process as being:
a. Word makes a copy of the mail merge main document, and processes all the
fields in it until it reaches the end, moving to the Next record whenever
there is a NEXT or an appropriate NEXTIF and so on.
b. If there are any more records, Word moves to the next record and does
(a) again.

Peter Jamieson

"helios" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HelloWorld

Helios- How did u accomplish this query / mailmerge ... I have been trying to
get that exact tthing done for three days now . what is your code ?

"helios" wrote:

I am merging an Access 2000 parameter query into a Word 2000 form letter.
Everything seems fine, except only 4 of the 7 records I've filtered for are
showing up--Only the odd-numbered records. I have another form letter linked
to this query and my OS is XP, if that has any relevance.

The query is fine--it's the only reason I knew I wasn't getting all of my (7)
results in my mail merge document. When I run the mail merge, I have "all
records" checked to merge. Aaaand-I've checked my filters in the mail merge
helper: all blank.

I can get the even records to merge if I select to merge records 2 through 7
(or last record, I suppose). This is a bit annoying, though, and I abhor
tedium. I really want to know WHY! If anyone has run into this before, I'd
appreciate a solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It sounds like he probably has a Next Record field in the mail merge
main document where it is not required. If that is the case, it will cause
every second record to be skipped so that you would only get records 1, 3, 5
and 7 in the result of the merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.