RKA

Default Removal of gridlines after converting Excel to Word

Management has been giving me Excel files in an e-mail attachment. However I
need it in Word. I found out from another member that it can be opened in
Word, but the important thing is to save it in Word, but now the Excel grid
lines still exist in Word. How can I remove the gridlines?

RKA

Whatever Excel uses because that is the attachment I use to open up in Word.
It almost looks like a column, but I tried to use Table-Delete Row- or
Delete Cell, but it had not impact.

"RKA" wrote in message
Management has been giving me Excel files in an e-mail attachment. However

need it in Word. I found out from another member that it can be opened in
Word, but the important thing is to save it in Word, but now the Excel

grid
lines still exist in Word. How can I remove the gridlines?

If they're borders, Ctrl+Alt+U will remove them, but you'll still see
gridlines if you have table gridlines displayed. This applies to Excel
content pasted into Word; I can't answer for Excel files opened in Word
(which I would regard as a Bad Idea).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are they gridlines or borders? See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"RKA" wrote in message
Management has been giving me Excel files in an e-mail attachment.

However
need it in Word. I found out from another member that it can be opened

in
Word, but the important thing is to save it in Word, but now the Excel

grid
lines still exist in Word. How can I remove the gridlines?

RKA

I resorted to Ctrl+Alt+U, but it had no effect. I am having trouble finding
the eraser tool from the Table toolbox to remove borders from any sort of
table, including excel cells.

I want to at least try to see if the Eraser tool toolbox will work. What
should I do to succesfuly attempt this in Excel 2000?

"RKA" wrote in message
Management has been giving me Excel files in an e-mail attachment.

However
need it in Word. I found out from another member that it can be opened

in
Word, but the important thing is to save it in Word, but now the Excel
grid
lines still exist in Word. How can I remove the gridlines?

Do these "gridlines" show in Print Preview? If so, they're borders, and you
should be able to remove them by selecting the table and choosing No Border
from the Borders palette or None in Format | Borders and Shading. If not,
they're just gridlines, toggled by Table | Show/Hide Gridlines.