Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roxy

Default sending resumes from templates

I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked the resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste it on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roxy

The templates provided by Microsoft for resumes, etc. You just type in your
info from the various templates. There is a help box to the right...but I
think I fixed it myself by copying my resume and pasting it on a new document.

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked the

resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste it on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you opened the template itself and edited it and saved it as your résumé,
then of course it was saved as a template, including the Template Help. The
proper way to use a template is to create a new document based on it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I think you're going to have to back up and tell us what you're talking
about. What templates? What Help box and column?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked the

resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste it on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
roxy

Thanx Suzanne! That's what I figured out....one more questions is it OK to
send resumes out in Word as opposed to other word processing formats?

uz

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked the
resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste it on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Send the résumé in the format in which it is requested: Word, PDF, plain
text, hard copy. Note that if you send it in Word, it may not look the same
on someone else's computer; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HideGridlines.htm

"roxy" wrote in message
Thanx Suzanne! That's what I figured out....one more questions is it OK

send resumes out in Word as opposed to other word processing formats?

uz

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked

the
resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste it

on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TBC

Hi

I have to send my resume out tomorrow but I cannot seem to format this
properly.

Here is what I did...

1)Downloaded the Word resume template
2)Opened the templated - filled in my resume info
3)Did Save As a Word doc.

My problem is when I click on the resume Word doc to open it, it's still in
template view and format. I don't think an employer would be happy reviewing
my resume in template format. How can I save or create my resume so that when
a prospective employer views it it's in proper "print preview" style format
NOT template format?

I don't understand how to do your proper way described below.

When I opned the template with my info on it and copied it to a new Word
doc, it's still in template format. Is this possible to save and then have it
viewed as print preview style NOT template format?

Please help, URGENT!

Thank you

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked the
resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste it on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Resume templates use tables to format the document. Whether or not the grid
lines are displayed is a user setting, over which you have no control once
you send the document. The answer is to send it as a PDF format document for
which you will need extra software. There are several freeware PDF tools
that will do the job or you can convert it on-line from Adobe's site..

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked
the resume it contained the help box and column! Should I cut
and paste it on clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TBC

Hello Suzanne,

Assuming I go with the method of hiding the gridlines you mentioned. Could
you please tell me how to go about concealing the spellchecks auto
underlining? Being that it is my resume there will be what Word considers to
be fragment sentences however, this is part of my resume and how it is
structured. It looks great now with no gridlines but as soon as i open it up
now it underlines my fragment sentences and that would def not look good to
an employer.

Again this is assuming i go wth the Word doc minus the gridlines and not the
..pdf as suggested above. If I am not able to correct this Word doc properly,
I will then go with the .pdf method. Any other suggestions you would
recommend in this resume situation?

Many thanks again for your help.

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double checked

the
resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste it

on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Spelling and Grammar tab of Tools | Options, check the boxes for
"Hide spelling errors in this document" and "Hide grammatical errors in this
document." That won't prevent spell check from being run explicitly (with
F7) but will prevent "Check spelling as you type" from displaying wavy
underlines not only on your computer but on anyone else's. This is a
document-specific setting that will not affect any other documents but will
travel with the document.

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double

checked
the
resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste

it
on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TBC

Awesome. I will and change those options as I'm not sure if this employer
prefers Word docs' or .PDF's. I have mostly used Word but feel secure now
that I have made these adjustments.

Again, a HUGE thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Regards

"roxy" wrote in message
I sent a few resumes from the templates but when I double

checked
the
resume
it contained the help box and column! Should I cut and paste

it
on
clipboard...I have Microsoft Word 2003.

Templates Problem Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 1 February 8th 06 09:18 PM
Accessing Templates in Word 2002 Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 5 November 22nd 05 01:29 AM
Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM