mrfixit

Default How Do I Know The Exact Width and Height of A Table?

I am trying to insert a text box exactly the same size as a table but
don't know how to find out the height of the table?

Jason

Stefan Blom

I think the best you can do is format each row of the table to have an
exact height, sum these heights, and then set the height of the text
box equal to that sum. Note that the widths of the border lines around
the table and the text box may be relevant, too.

--
Stefan Blom

"mrfixit" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to insert a text box exactly the same size as a table

but
don't know how to find out the height of the table?

Jason

Bob S

On 24 Jan 2005 10:45:40 -0800, "mrfixit"
wrote:

I am trying to insert a text box exactly the same size as a table but
don't know how to find out the height of the table?

Jason

Select the table

Insert a frame, using the button on the Forms toolbar

Right-click on the border of the new frame, and select Format Frame

In the dialog box, change the height and width selectors from Auto to
Exactly, and the size will appear in the boxes to the right

Write down the answer, remove the frame, and insert your text box

Bob S
Stefan Blom

Nice trick, but text editing could resize the table, and then you
would
have to repeat the procedure.

--
Stefan Blom

Table Issues Karen Microsoft Word Help 4 January 5th 05 07:43 PM
Lefr Margin Changes When Height Modified Bob Sanderson Page Layout 0 December 16th 04 04:01 PM