Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarah R Sarah R is offline

Default Unnatural outline numbering

In a legal document, I need to set outline numbering:

Heading 1 = I. [centered]
Heading 2 = A. [centered]
Heading 3 = 1 [at 0"]
Heading 4 = (a) [following Heading 3]

The kicker is that some paragraphs must have both Heading 3 and Heading 4
together, followed by typed text. For example:

1(a) xxxxxx
1(b) xxxxxx
2
3(a) xxxxxx
3(b) xxxxxx
3(c) xxxxxx

Word's Help clearly explains how to concatenate two levels of outline
numbering. I inserted a field, chose the Numbering category and ListNum
field name. Unfortunatley, none of the three Field Properties yields the
combination I need. Any suggestions? Many thanks.