Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steph

Default How do I make Fax Header Roll down onto more pages?

I have made a new fax Header sheet for my office, but aparently the old one
used to appear on the next page. It is not a header, but I cannot work out
how to get it to be the same!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jack

I am a little confused why it isn't a Header. You can include most anything
you want in the header of a document. You can also have different headers for
each section of the document. I have even used them to include watermark like
images in the background of my documents (Insert an image that is not inline
with text in the header.)

However if you don't want to use the document header, one thing that can be
repeated on subsequent pages is a heading row in a table. You can remove all
of the borders to the table so in the hardcopy you can't tell it is in a
table.

Create a table and turn off the borders.
In the first row paste the information you want repeated
Select the row
Select Table -- Table Properties
Select the Row tab
Check the box "Repeat as header row at the top of each page"
Select [OK]

Now as the table extends to subsequent pages, this row will appear at the top.
--
Jack Rumple

"Steph" wrote:

I have made a new fax Header sheet for my office, but aparently the old one
used to appear on the next page. It is not a header, but I cannot work out
how to get it to be the same!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Make it a header and make sure your page layout is not set for different
first page headers and footers.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Steph" wrote in message
I have made a new fax Header sheet for my office, but aparently the old one
used to appear on the next page. It is not a header, but I cannot work
out
how to get it to be the same!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Following up on my last post. If you want to be typing in the FAX "header"
it probably is not good to have it be a Word header. Set your information
fields in your FAX header with individual custom styles created just to
label them. Then use StyleRef fields in the Word header to replicate these.
I do this with my letterhead template. After you have your FAX header
information replicated in your Word header, so that it is actually appearing
twice on your first page, set the option for headers and footers to
different first page. This will bump the Word header off your first page but
it will show up on subsequent pages.