durf durf is offline
Junior Member

Default Reformatting a finished document

Hello,

I have a finished instruction manual that is 32 pages long in Word. It was written as an 8 1/2" x 11" document. However now that it is finished, we have decided that we want to print it as a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" booklet. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the page size while keeping the formatting intact. I have selecting the smaller paper size, telling Word to scale it down, adjusting page set up and saving as a PDF and then trying to change the size. I am under the impression that this is something that we should have set at the beginning. Is my only option to start over and reformat everything for the smaller size?

TIA

Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The easiest thing to do is to forget about Word. Simply save the text
as a pdf, then open it in Reader (or Acrobat) and Print it: Select the
"Booklet" option; assuming you don't have a duplexing printer, first
print "Front Side Only," then "Reverse Pages" and "Back Side Only."

(Note that because half a letter-size page doesn't have the same
proportions as letter size, the margins won't be ideal.)

You _could_ use the Booklet Fold option in Word's Page Setup, but then
you'd have to reset the margins and type size in order to get decent
results.

--
durf