Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Default Clicking under a table to obtain cursor

Word usually has a line below a table. Select the whole Table, cut it and
then add a few blank lines (returns) and click above these and paste the
table back. Does this work for you?
--
Rae Drysdale

"John" wrote:

Hello,

I have a chart and and table on a page in Word. I'm trying to click under
the table so I can type in my results. However, everytime I try to click
under the table the cursor bounces up to the top of the page, on the left
side of the chart. I tried to arrow down past everything; however, the
cursor stops in the lowest cell of the table. If from here I type return,
the lowest row of the table just keeps growing, without letting me outside
of it. Any suggestions?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Or maybe part of the document is protected in some way (say for forms)?
If it's a newer version, you could check the protection task pane, else the
"lock" icon on the forms toolbar.

Klaus