Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

Default Can I rotate Captions?

I don't seem to be able to do this. The Text Orientation option under the
format menu is grayed out whenever I select my captions.

Specifically, I want to have tables that are rotated 90 degrees, including
the caption. I don't want to landscape the page, because I want the headers
and footers to stay in the same place as all the other portrait pages, but
in all other ways, I want these pages to appear to be landscaped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ann Scharpf

WebColin, are you using linked captions or do you just have descriptive text
accompanying your tables? If they're just descriptive text, you could use
the "change text direction" button to change the table's orientation 90
degrees.

"WebColin" wrote:

I don't seem to be able to do this. The Text Orientation option under the
format menu is grayed out whenever I select my captions.

Specifically, I want to have tables that are rotated 90 degrees, including
the caption. I don't want to landscape the page, because I want the headers
and footers to stay in the same place as all the other portrait pages, but
in all other ways, I want these pages to appear to be landscaped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WebColin

I'm using Captions and I need access to the Reference tags. I can only
rotate text in table cell, right? There's no way to rotate an ordinary
paragraph is there?

Thanks,
Colin

"WebColin" wrote:

I don't seem to be able to do this. The Text Orientation option under the
format menu is grayed out whenever I select my captions.

Specifically, I want to have tables that are rotated 90 degrees,
including
the caption. I don't want to landscape the page, because I want the
headers
and footers to stay in the same place as all the other portrait pages,
but
in all other ways, I want these pages to appear to be landscaped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Text in table cells, text boxes, and frames can be rotated. Text in table
cells and frames can be cross-referenced; text in text boxes cannot. By
default, if you use Insert | Caption to add a caption to a wrapped graphic,
it is inserted in a text box; this can be converted to a frame, but it is
generally more satisfactory to insert both the graphic/picture/figure/table
and caption inline, select both, and insert them into the same frame (using
the Insert Frame button on the Forms toolbar).