Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rob

Default Lock page

I am writing a rather long document. I would like to be able to have the
contents on a page locked in place, once I have finished with that page.
Obviously if I try and edit a page before all my page alignments go out of
wack.

I understand that I will need space for the characters of my edit, but I
don't want to disturb the existing page layouts

Any help would be welcomed.

Rob.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Daiya Mitchell

Word doesn't work that way. In fact, Word doesn't really have much of a
concept of an "existing page layout." See this page for why not:
http://daiya.mvps.org/wordpages.htm

However, if you explain what type of contents you want to lock, and describe
the doc a little, there might be alternative ways to get at what you need.
I'm having a very hard time picturing the situation you seem to be in, and
you seem to be wanting to lock a page, and *then* edit it, which doesn't
make sense to me....

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/