Merge from Excel to word for labels

Old December 4th 04, 04:35 PM
pattimelt

Default Merge from Excel to word for labels

HELP!! I'm confuzzled.

I just got put in charge of my club membership roster. The columns in Excel
are correct, yet when I put them in the merge, instead of getting a month and
year in the "expires" spot of the merge, the program uses the "year" as a
date, and adds the year the person was originally added to the list. I can't
seem to figure out how to correct this no matter what format function I use.

The mail merge fields look like this: First Name, Last Name, expires on the
first line, then address with city state and zip, and then the postal
whatever it's called on the bottom.

The label should look like this:

John Smith Mar 05
1234 Elm Lane
Anaheim, CA 92804

and instead look like this:

John Smith Mar 05/2003
1234 Elm Lane
Anaheim, CA 92804

How can I fix this problem without having to individually edit each label??
There are 800 members in the club!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!
Old December 5th 04, 11:44 AM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?cGF0dGltZWx0?=,

We're missing the version of Word/Office involved in this?

Could you also tell us, please, the field name (Excel column header) for the
field giving you the problem? And how does the data look in Excel in the FORMULA
BAR when you click on a cell in that column?

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)