Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meredith

Default How do I insert a nonbreaking hyphen into an AutoCorrect entry

I want to create an AutoCorrect entry that changes "e-mail" to e-mail that
includes a nonbreaking hyphen. When I type Control+Shift+hypen in the
AutoCorrect screen it doesn't accept it as a nonbreaking hyphen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Meredith wrote:
I want to create an AutoCorrect entry that changes "e-mail" to e-mail
that includes a nonbreaking hyphen. When I type Control+Shift+hypen
in the AutoCorrect screen it doesn't accept it as a nonbreaking hyphen

Type "e-mail" with a nonbreaking hyphen in the body of a document. Select
it. Open the Tools AutoCorrect Options dialog, where the entry will appear
in the With box with an asterisk in place of the nonbreaking hyphen. Click
the Formatted option button just above that. Type "e-mail" with an ordinary
hyphen in the Replace box and click Add.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Meredith

Thanks Jay. That did the trick! On my computer. But when the person
sitting next to me tried it, she did not get the asterisk in place of the
nonbreaking hyphen when Plain text is selected in the dialog box. Is there a
setting or something that might be different on my computer than hers?

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Meredith wrote:
I want to create an AutoCorrect entry that changes "e-mail" to e-mail
that includes a nonbreaking hyphen. When I type Control+Shift+hypen
in the AutoCorrect screen it doesn't accept it as a nonbreaking hyphen

Type "e-mail" with a nonbreaking hyphen in the body of a document. Select
it. Open the Tools AutoCorrect Options dialog, where the entry will appear
in the With box with an asterisk in place of the nonbreaking hyphen. Click
the Formatted option button just above that. Type "e-mail" with an ordinary
hyphen in the Replace box and click Add.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How can I put a nonbreaking hyphen into a word with autocorrect? eob@southampton Microsoft Word Help 6 May 30th 09 11:11 AM
Accidentally removed "symbol" from Insert menu...Help Please! love2sail Microsoft Word Help 4 May 30th 05 03:46 PM
AutoCorrect Matt Fitzmaurice New Users 16 May 3rd 05 12:03 AM
simple word question rvance New Users 8 February 1st 05 02:16 AM
Editing MRU File List? MikeyD Microsoft Word Help 11 December 20th 04 03:51 PM