Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
r frank r frank is offline

Default Font styles not fully recognized in Word

I'm hoping you can help with a nagging font problem.

Washington State University has an Adobe font family called Stone that is
the standard for our university -- it includes bold, semibold, medium,
italic, etc. I edit a publication that we write in MS Word then we pull the
copy into InDesign to design the publication.

We "mapped" created a "styles and formats" pallete in Word, but Word won't
recognize all the Stone font styles or accurately label them. Primary
Example: it doesn't recognize the Stone "medium" or Stone "semibold" fonts.
Instead, Word labels the medium font as Stone "regular".

So, when we bring our files into InDesign, InDesign says it can't find the
"regular" font. So, we have to identify and redirect the fonts. Then, we
have to highlight the text in articles, and use the InDesign style sheet to
convert them into the correct typeface.

It's all quite time consuming.

QUESTION: Is there a way to adjust Word so it can recognize and use all the
Stone fonts.... especially Stone medium font -- and NOT relabel medium as
"regular"... (or totally ignore the semibold font)."

Thanks in advance for your help
--
Robert Frank, editor
WSU Today