Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] royposner@gurusoftware.com is offline

Default Copy Text w/o Embedded Index Code

After I create index entries in Word 2007, and I try to copy the text
to other apps like FrontPage, it copies the index code with it. I
didn't have this problem in Word 2003, but now with Word 2007 it is
occurring.

In the past, I would copy the code to Outlook and then to FrontPage
which would strip the code (and keep the other para and character
formatting) Otherwise, I get something like. "Hi there {x:high there}
friend when I paste.

I have tried pasting with Past Special in Frontpage which strips out
the code, but then takes out all the other formatting like italic and
bold.

Any solutions?

Roy Posner

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Do you have the codes displayed when you copy? If so, have you tried
Clicking the Show/Hide (¶) button - Home Tab - to hide the markers _before_
you copy from the Word doc.

I don't have FP on the system I'm working on so I can't check from here, but
I don't get the markers pasted into other apps - especially if they're
hidden in the doc when I copy.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/25/07 10:50 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

After I create index entries in Word 2007, and I try to copy the text
to other apps like FrontPage, it copies the index code with it. I
didn't have this problem in Word 2003, but now with Word 2007 it is
occurring.

In the past, I would copy the code to Outlook and then to FrontPage
which would strip the code (and keep the other para and character
formatting) Otherwise, I get something like. "Hi there {x:high there}
friend when I paste.

I have tried pasting with Past Special in Frontpage which strips out
the code, but then takes out all the other formatting like italic and
bold.

Any solutions?

Roy Posner

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Feb 25, 9:32 am, CyberTaz wrote:
Do you have the codes displayed when you copy? If so, have you tried
Clicking the Show/Hide (¶) button - Home Tab - to hide the markers _before_
you copy from theWorddoc.

I don't have FP on the system I'm working on so I can't check from here, but
I don't get the markers pasted into other apps - especially if they're
hidden in the doc when I copy.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/25/07 10:50 AM, in article
. com,

" wrote:
After I createindexentries inWord2007, and I try to copy the text
to other apps like FrontPage, it copies theindexcode with it. I
didn't have this problem inWord2003, but now withWord2007 it is
occurring.

In the past, I would copy the code to Outlook and then to FrontPage
which would strip the code (and keep the other para and character
formatting) Otherwise, I get something like. "Hi there {x:high there}
friend when I paste.

I have tried pasting with Past Special in Frontpage which strips out
the code, but then takes out all the other formatting like italic and
bold.

Any solutions?

RoyPosner- Hide quoted text -

No the codes are not displayed when I copy from Word 2007, but when I
copy into FrontPage 2003 they reappear. In the past I have copied
first to Outlook 2003 (which strips the codes) before copying to
FrontPage. Now however with Outlook 2007 that no longer works. Even
when I try various Paste Specials in Outlook 2007 and FrontPage 2003
it doesn't work. Maybe I have to upgrade at some point to Microsoft
Expression Web 2007 to replace FrontPage 2003, or wait for an upgrade
of Word 2007.

Roy