Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ChristieD

Default Resizing a table column

AHHHHH! Finally someone else has this issue. It is driving me crazy. This is
the second time it has happened to me. I don't know what I did to fix it the
first. but after it fixed itself, it was working until yesterday.

Now that it has again stopped allowing me to resize by dragging, I can't
drag any of the previously created tables columns to a width I want, either
in this doc or in any doc - even a new doc I create with a new table. I can
resize the columns the manual way (table properties - slow and tedious) or
via the ruler. But I cannot resize by dragging the column widths.

I have tweaked with all the automatic/non-automatic settings. I closed Word.
I did the Office 2003 update. I shut down the computer & re-started. I
created tables with various table settings and sizes. All have no affect.

I emailed the document home and opened it on my home computer - all worked
fine. I saved the doc there, emailed it back, opened it here, and NOT FINE.

Like Neal, I have used MSWord forever - for creating manuals, for creating
doc's, etc. I am EXTREMELY familiar with Word. Word 2003 is the first version
in which I encountered this issue. If I can't resolve this soon, I fear I
will have to just go back to Office 2000 or something because it is so
frustrating. I have searched the web, searched MS, searched everywhere to no
avail. Please help.......

"Neal Fuerst" wrote:

Folks - I'm at my wits end. I've read every thread I can find about resizing
a column width in a table. So far, nothing has worked. As a side note, I've
been using Word since the very first commercial version and consider myself
to be quite knowledgable. But, this one has me pulling my hair out.