Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Carla Costa Carla Costa is offline

Default Error message when changing table borders

Everytime I try to change table/cell/paragraph borders, I get this message
"measurement must be between 1pt and 31 pt." Independently of what I chose, I
cannot get out of the borders and shading box unless I click cancel. If I
open another document, however, borders and shadding work perfectly. What do
I have to change about the first document to be able to change borders again?
Thanks.
Carla
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] nathan589@hotmail.com is offline

hey im new to google and not sure how to make my own forum thing
please help me im desprate this is what i need help with.

All the key things on google such as : web : images :news :maps etc
has moved to the top left of my computer screen nothing else just my
main searching tools :S

please help its soo annoying

i really need help

message me on

i need help real bad
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_147_] Henk57[_147_] is offline

Carla Costa;2524209 Wrote:
Everytime I try to change table/cell/paragraph borders, I get this
message
"measurement must be between 1pt and 31 pt." Independently of what I
chose, I
cannot get out of the borders and shading box unless I click cancel. If
open another document, however, borders and shadding work perfectly.
What do
I have to change about the first document to be able to change borders
again?
Thanks.
Carla

The setting you refer to is (under Options) the distance between border
and text. This is limited by Word to 31 pt max. If you want to change
the borders itself (that's what I understand from your somewhat cryptic
message ;-)) do that in the Borders pane (style, width, color) or
Shading pane (fill, style).

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I fail to see how any of this relates to the original question or subject
line (or even Microsoft Word). And we don't do email here, but there are
plenty of spammers who will.

wrote in message
hey im new to google and not sure how to make my own forum thing
please help me im desprate this is what i need help with.

All the key things on google such as : web : images :news :maps etc
has moved to the top left of my computer screen nothing else just my
main searching tools :S

please help its soo annoying

i really need help

message me on

i need help real bad

Error message: Current selection does not contain valid table or l Deb Tables 0 July 18th 07 07:54 PM
Table border error message regarding pt size Laura Kay Tables 1 June 6th 07 12:52 AM
Corrupt Table Error Message Dot Tables 1 November 7th 06 04:03 AM
How do I get rid of an error message for a table I've deleted Carolyn20 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 5th 05 04:52 PM
Error Message "A table in this document has become corrupted" Ray Turley A+,MCP,MCSE Tables 3 February 17th 05 01:16 AM