Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
springoflife springoflife is offline

Default How can I horizontally split a table (in WORD) into two tables?

I have a very long table that spans the length of several pages. How can I
split the table into multiple tables and have one table per page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Click in the row above which you want to split the table. Then select Table
Split Table. This splits the table into two by inserting an empty paragraph
between the tables.

It may be a good idea to turn on non-printing characters (Ctrl+Shift+8) so
that you can see the paragraph marks.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"springoflife" wrote:

I have a very long table that spans the length of several pages. How can I
split the table into multiple tables and have one table per page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi springoflife,

It's on the Table Ribbon's Layout tab.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"springoflife" wrote:

I have a very long table that spans the length of several pages. How can I
split the table into multiple tables and have one table per page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Sorry, my answer was for Word 2003 and older (you did mention Word 2007).

Follow the link below to open an interactive Word 2003 to Word 2007 command
reference guide €“ it lets you point out commands in Word 2003 and will show
you where to find the corresponding functionality in Word 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg