Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ansonee ansonee is offline

Default Adding Multiple Rows in Word 2007

Word 2007 is getting really annoying...

All I want to do is add multiple rows to a table. The only option I
have found is the ability to add a single row at a time. In the good
old days of Word 2003, you could choose an option on the menu that let
you define how many rows and columns a table has...

Is there anyway to accomplish this or do I have to do it one at a
time?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

In Word2007 you can use InsertTableInsert Table to access the Insert Table
Dialog that gives the options of setting the number of rows and columns for
the table.

To add multiple rows you can can select multiple rows equal to the number
you want to add and then click Insert Above or Insert Below using the Table
ToolsLayout TabRows and Columns menu group.

What you have lost in the Ribbon UI is the ability to add multiple row above
or multiple rows below when the cursor is positioned above or below the
table (I suppose this is due to the fact that the Table Tools Tab is not
available in that circumstance).

What you can do is add the command InsertRowsAbove and InsertRowsBelow to
your QAT this will allow you to add multiple row above or below the cursor
positioned a the bottom or top of the table.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

ansonee wrote:
Word 2007 is getting really annoying...

All I want to do is add multiple rows to a table. The only option I
have found is the ability to add a single row at a time. In the good
old days of Word 2003, you could choose an option on the menu that let
you define how many rows and columns a table has...

Is there anyway to accomplish this or do I have to do it one at a
time?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi Ansonee,

To add to Greg's reply, when you select a number of rows in the table equal to the number of rows you want to add you can right
click and choose the Insert=Rows above or Insert=Rows below

Also, rather than select multiple rows, you can use either of the Insert=Row choices to insert a single row then use F4 (repeat
last command) to continue to add rows.

The old dialog for inserting a table, defining the number of rows and columms is still available via the Word 2003 keyboard shortcut
(Alt, A, I, T)

===========
"ansonee" wrote in message ...
Word 2007 is getting really annoying...

All I want to do is add multiple rows to a table. The only option I
have found is the ability to add a single row at a time. In the good
old days of Word 2003, you could choose an option on the menu that let
you define how many rows and columns a table has...

Is there anyway to accomplish this or do I have to do it one at a
time?

Thanks!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)