Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shevvie Shevvie is offline

Default Headings border within a table..

...how do I add a border beneath a heading cell that shows a space between
columns? i.e. see below - the x's would sit on the line to show what I mean.

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx
_____ _____ _____

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Shevvie wrote:
..how do I add a border beneath a heading cell that shows a space
between columns? i.e. see below - the x's would sit on the line to
show what I mean.

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxx
_____ _____ _____

Thanks

This assumes you don't need vertical borders between the columns.

Select the heading row and give it the desired bottom border. Then click in
any cell, so the cursor is just an insertion point, and go to Format
Borders & Shading. Set the color to white and the line width to 4.5 pt or 6
pt, and click the center vertical line in the preview picture (which
represents all "inside" borders in the table). The white borders will cut
through the header row's bottom border, giving the impression of a space
between underlines.

The alternative is to apply either font underlining or a bottom paragraph
border to the text in the header row and leave the table borders at None.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

headings within a table (combine outline view with table structure Henk Koning[_2_] Tables 5 October 26th 07 03:41 PM
Headings in a table hmm Page Layout 1 September 11th 06 08:02 PM
Table Header Row Border extends past edge of table Bobbi Tables 0 March 1st 06 07:07 PM
Table Headings mike New Users 1 December 14th 05 05:10 PM
Table Headings chris_g Tables 4 July 19th 05 08:10 AM