Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Remove a table but not contents throughout a document

I need help. I am not very talented in Word. I have a very large document
that I am working on that has 1 column 2 rows in it. They are meant as
statements, for instance; one table is labeled "Caution" and the 2nd row has
the cautionary information in it. There are three saftey words for the tables,
"Warning", "Caution" and "Note" and there are hundreds of each of them.

There is a request to have the statements not in tables. I can't find
anything in help about how to "remove" a table while keeping the context. So
I started cutting and pasting, there must be a better way! Perhaps a macro
could help? Anyone?

Thanks in Advance
Carrie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:28:39 GMT, "Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com" u34134@uwe
wrote:

I need help. I am not very talented in Word. I have a very large document
that I am working on that has 1 column 2 rows in it. They are meant as
statements, for instance; one table is labeled "Caution" and the 2nd row has
the cautionary information in it. There are three saftey words for the tables,
"Warning", "Caution" and "Note" and there are hundreds of each of them.

There is a request to have the statements not in tables. I can't find
anything in help about how to "remove" a table while keeping the context. So
I started cutting and pasting, there must be a better way! Perhaps a macro
could help? Anyone?

Thanks in Advance
Carrie

For one table, you can select the table and click Table Convert Table To
Text. (In Word 2007, click Table Tools Layout Convert To Text.)

Since there are so many of them, you need a macro that does the same thing for
each of them automatically. See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for
instructions on how to use this:

Sub AllTablesToText()
Dim myTbl As Table