Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cllr8586 cllr8586 is offline

Default How can I customize bullets in Word 2007?

Just more frustration with Word 2007 and its organization. In old Word we
used to be able to customize bullets so that for example, using a bullet in a
table wouldn't take up half the cell space because of preset alignments. Now,
it appears we cannot change and set new alignments (indents, etc.). After
wasting more than 45 minutes trying to figure it out yet another old
function, there seems to be no way to do this anymore. Please note:
1) I've already done the "define new bullet" option in the Paragraph group
but it doesn't let you change indentation.
2) You can change using the ruler above but that doesn't save the changes
for the rest of the cells, only the cell you're working in which means you
have to re-set it in every single cell.
So, if anyone has any suggestions besides those two, I'd like to hear them.
Please. Before I resort to old Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What doesn't give you that option? Unless this is a protected form (or the
document is protected in some other way), you should be able to change the
style of any paragraph.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Observe my deiliberate ambiguity: apply a different Style, or Modify
the existing Style.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this is single-level numbering and you want to change the indentation for
the list, right-click and choose Adjust List Indents from the context menu.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP