shari from zichron

Default my table>insert>row menu doesn't always work - why?

hard to say exactly when it happens. has anybody encountered this behaviour?
Jezebel

hard to say exactly when it happens. has anybody encountered this
behaviour?

Try harder. What behaviour?

shari from zichron

Word 2003 Pro, WinXP, I try to open the menu Table Insert. The Table menu
opens, but the Insert sub menu doesn't open.

"Jezebel" wrote:

hard to say exactly when it happens. has anybody encountered this
behaviour?

Try harder. What behaviour?

CyberTaz

Is it possible that you might have an autoshape or some other graphic
selected at the time? That will prevent the command from being active, as
tables can't be inserted into them.

Regards |:)

"Jezebel" wrote:

hard to say exactly when it happens. has anybody encountered this
behaviour?

Try harder. What behaviour?

shari from zichron

There was nothing selected. The cursor was in an empty row, or sometimes in a
row with text. (this has happened a number of times - the only thing that has
helped was to reset the computer).

"Jezebel" wrote:

hard to say exactly when it happens. has anybody encountered this
behaviour?

Try harder. What behaviour?

Jezebel

The point is, if the customization has switched off that menu option (which
is what it sounds like), you'll need to reset it to switch it back on.
Either that, or learn to live without it.

"shari from zichron" wrote in
message ...

"Jezebel" wrote:

hard to say exactly when it happens. has anybody encountered this
behaviour?

Try harder. What behaviour?

CyberTaz

Has the Table Menu been customized? If not, go to the Customize dialog & drag
it off the MenuBar, then select the 'Built-In Menus' category and drag a new
one up to replace it. Otherwise, you can just replace the Insert MenuItem
with Table Insert from the Table category.

Also, if the Table Menu has been customized you can move the custom items to
another (or new) menu temporarily, replace the Table Menu and then put your
customized stuff back.

Hopefully the one time will solve the problem & you won't have to go thru it
again. If it does recur something else must be causing it.

Good Luck |:)

"Jezebel" wrote:

hard to say exactly when it happens. has anybody encountered this
behaviour?

Try harder. What behaviour?

Removing document link from Work menu -em português no fim da mens Hernani Nitolo Filho Microsoft Word Help 3 April 13th 23 02:08 PM
How can I add a "work" menu in Word? Sandy Sheen Microsoft Word Help 1 July 11th 05 11:17 PM
How delete file from built-in menu "Work" in Word 2003? Nosmo Microsoft Word Help 1 July 11th 05 03:17 PM
The Work menu gap Microsoft Word Help 2 June 28th 05 06:53 PM
How do I delete files from the "Work" Built-In Menu button? Jedi Word Apprentice Microsoft Word Help 2 February 9th 05 10:13 PM