Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PDFster

Default Batch printing PDFs from Word (Mac platform)

I'm trying to batch print PDFs from Word on a Mac. I've tried a drag-and-drop
method, but Word displays a filename prompt for each file, which slows the
batch process to a crawl.

Does anyone know of a way to batch print PDFs from Microsoft Word on a Mac?

Thanks,

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Why are you trying to print .pdfs from Word?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"PDFster" u16103@uwe wrote in message news:57e7abcba9317@uwe...
I'm trying to batch print PDFs from Word on a Mac. I've tried a
drag-and-drop
method, but Word displays a filename prompt for each file, which slows the
batch process to a crawl.

Does anyone know of a way to batch print PDFs from Microsoft Word on a
Mac?

Thanks,

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PDFster via OfficeKB.com

It's a workaround for a shortcoming that Acrobat 7 has on the Mac platform.
Using Mac's Acrobat 7, you can't create a PDF from a Word file (which means
you also can't "Create a PDF from multiple files" using the Mac version of
Acrobat 7). I'm trying to use the abovementioned feature to create a single,
searchable PDF from a database of Word files.

Of course you can print a single PDF from within Word, but it prompts you to
name the file, which is unrealisticly slow if you're trying to print -say-
300 PDFs at once.

Anyway, do you know how to batch print PDFs from Word?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
Why are you trying to print .pdfs from Word?

I'm trying to batch print PDFs from Word on a Mac. I've tried a
drag-and-drop

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daiya Mitchell

You need to ask on the MacWord newsgroup, printing is very OS-specific.

Also, I would ask on the MacAcrobat forums, because I'm pretty sure you
*can* create a PDF from a Word file. It's limited, but certainly doable,
though I haven't done it. Haven't a clue re multiple files, though. You
might need an applescript to cycle through the 300 for you. Ask over there.

See here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord, MacExcel,
and other MS programs for the Mac:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

More info on using Newsgroups:
http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/AccessNewsgroups.htm
(hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser)

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
Why are you trying to print .pdfs from Word?

I'm trying to batch print PDFs from Word on a Mac. I've tried a
drag-and-drop

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Ian

--