Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KGP

Default Doubt on TOC

Hi,

I have a document with page numbers inserted in the footer which varies from
chapter to chapter. ex IN-1, PMS-5 etc., When i generate TOC, it just shows
the page numbers alone and not the prefix text.. I want my TOC should come
IN-1, PMS-5 etc.,

Is it possible in Word? If yes, how should i go about it?

I have tried cross reference in the footer also..

Since this is an urgent task, i wud request an early reply.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I doubt that this will be possible. Chapter numbering can be included in the
page number (see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm), and
in this way it is also included in the TOC, but I don't believe that the
prefixes you describe can be created as "numbering."

"KGP" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I have a document with page numbers inserted in the footer which varies
from
chapter to chapter. ex IN-1, PMS-5 etc., When i generate TOC, it just

shows
the page numbers alone and not the prefix text.. I want my TOC should come
IN-1, PMS-5 etc.,

Is it possible in Word? If yes, how should i go about it?

I have tried cross reference in the footer also..

Since this is an urgent task, i wud request an early reply.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KGP

Thanks for your reply.. I was also of that opinion only, i had even told my
senior the same thing, but still i wanted to get confirmed with experts.
Thank you so much