Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darius

Default Drop downs and Free text

Hi,

How do I create a word documnet that contains both drop down boxes and free
text space?

It seems that I can only apply protection for one or the other?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Darius,

Seperate the area with the drop down boxes and the one with free text by a
section mark. You then have the choice which section to protect.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Darius" wrote:

Hi,

How do I create a word documnet that contains both drop down boxes and free
text space?

It seems that I can only apply protection for one or the other?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Darius wrote:
Hi,

How do I create a word documnet that contains both drop down boxes
and free text space?

It seems that I can only apply protection for one or the other?

When a document has more than one section, you can choose to protect or
unprotect each section individually.

Insert a continuous section break (Insert Break Continuous) between the
two parts of the document. In the Protect Document task pane, check the box
under Editing Restrictions and set the dropdown to "Filling in forms". Then
a link "Select sections..." appears under the dropdown. Click that and
uncheck the section where free text entry is allowed.

There will still be some things, such as inserting textboxes or editing
headers and footers, that won't be allowed as long as the document is
protected. For those things, you need a macro that unprotects, does the
action, and reprotects.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman