paste dashed part no's

Default How do I insert a column of dash numbers in a table?

I have part numbers in a table and when I try to cut and paste multiple cells
in a table, word will strip out all the the dashes and information to the
right of the dash.

so instead of

12345-001
45678-003
54321-004
I get

12345
45678
54321

after I paste into the table. Oddly if I paste all the numbers into 1 cell
the dash numbers don't disapear, but that doesn't help much.

Klaus Linke

Hi,

Can't repro this...

Does this happen if you type "12345-001" in a cell, then copy/paste?
Or is this an old document that might use some tricks (fields, auto-numbering) that you're not aware of?

Greetings,
Klaus