Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SidewinderQc SidewinderQc is offline

Default Section 1 should not take section 2 format when section 2 deleted

I hope the subject line is descriptive enough. But if ever I decide to
suppress a section in a somewhat complex document, it becomes hell. I really
don't understand why it's like that, but in my mind, the outcome is illogical
and quite the headache.

Example: if section 1 is of a different format (margin, etc), with a header
called "Introduction", and section 2 is a graphic section called "Sales" in
landscape format, then section 3 is "Analysis" in portrait format; get rid of
section 2 and the introduction bares the header "Sales" and goes to landscape
format with margins and all page formatting done. I work for nothing setting
up section 1.

I'm surprised that the formatting of a section does not stick to its
section. This is consistent throughout all versions of Word that I have
worked with, since 1997 and up, including the trial version of 2007.

Unless I keep a very close track of the section breaks I add in order to
adjust page setup or to change a header, if not a footer, or a combination of
both, I really have to be careful when deleting a page, or even a paragraph.
Imagine using a section continuous break...

Word is a good product, and it has quirks (nothing in this world is ever
perfect) which can be worked around. But this one is really hard to deal
with. BTW, 2007 looks nice, but I really get lost in the menus; takes getting
used to, but during work hours? How incompetent and unproductive will I look
in the eyes of my boss?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Word sections are explained in the following article:

Working with sections
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SidewinderQc" wrote in message
[...]

This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to

the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader

and then