Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tommy tommy is offline

Default How to make sure that shared templates are not modified ?

Hi,

First post here so be nice

We have a shared template that is located on a shared directory...
Every time someone is closing MS WORD, we get this window saying that
template has been modified and asking if we want to save the
modification.

Is there a way not to get this window so that original template is
never modified/saved.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Better to find out what is modifying the template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"tommy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

First post here so be nice

We have a shared template that is located on a shared directory...
Every time someone is closing MS WORD, we get this window saying that
template has been modified and asking if we want to save the
modification.

Is there a way not to get this window so that original template is
never modified/saved.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Is it possible that the users are directly navigating to the folder where
the templates are stored & actually opening the .dot files, themselves?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/29/06 4:10 AM, in article
, "tommy"
wrote:

Hi,

First post here so be nice

We have a shared template that is located on a shared directory...
Every time someone is closing MS WORD, we get this window saying that
template has been modified and asking if we want to save the
modification.

Is there a way not to get this window so that original template is
never modified/saved.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Tommy,

We have a shared template that is located on a shared directory...
Every time someone is closing MS WORD, we get this window saying that
template has been modified and asking if we want to save the
modification.

If you make a local copy of the template (for testing purposes) and
work explicitly with that, do you still get the message?

If you do, then it's something in how the template has been set up and
you have to track down what that is.

Does the template contain macros?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Can't Use Templates--Word 2002 Joe McGuire Microsoft Word Help 7 February 11th 06 03:37 PM
Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
How do I make the invisible borders reappear in label templates? Farm Bureau Page Layout 2 July 26th 05 10:13 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
I would like to make place cards for my wedding, any templates or. Val Microsoft Word Help 1 January 15th 05 01:53 AM