Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shana Shana is offline

Default Mass remove [internal] hyperlinks?

I have a Help document that I need to remove all internal hyperlinks from. I
know I can do this by right-clicking and selecting Remove Hyperlink. Is there
a way to do this for the whole document, so I don't have to do them all
individually??

thx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

As Suzanne mentioned you can remove all the fields at once using her
technique.

However, if you do happen to have other types of fields, Tables of
Contents, Cross-references, etc. then this macro may help...

'For use when CTRL+SHIFT+F9 just won't do the trick.
Public Sub DelHyperlink()
On Error GoTo BYE
Count = 0
Btn = MsgBox("This macro will remove all hyperlinks." & vbCrLf & _
"Are you READY TO PROCEED?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, _
"Remove Hyperlinks")
If Btn = vbNo Then Exit Sub
myStartCount = ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks.Count
For i = 0 To myStartCount - 1
ActiveDocument.Hyperlinks(1).Delete
Count = Count + 1
Next
BYE:
MsgBox "There were" & Str(myStartCount) & " hyperlinks found in
document" & vbCrLf & _
"and" & Str(Count) & " hyperlinks deleted from the document.",
vbInformation + vbOKOnly, _
"Final Results"
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if you need help with
installing.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Shana" wrote in message
:

I have a Help document that I need to remove all internal hyperlinks from. I
know I can do this by right-clicking and selecting Remove Hyperlink. Is there
a way to do this for the whole document, so I don't have to do them all
individually??

thx

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.