Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Srinivasulu B Srinivasulu B is offline

Default Italics in Red colour

I have a huge document of 1600 pages.
I have to check spellings of all italicised words.
I need a macro for changing the colour of the italicised words to bold and red and
another macro to put back to normal and black, after checking the spellings
Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Do you really need a macro? Find and Replace will do what you want. Search
for italicized text and format it as bold and red (and not italic, if
desired). When you're done spell checking, search for bold red text and
format it as Default Paragraph Font.

"Srinivasulu B" wrote in message
I have a huge document of 1600 pages.
I have to check spellings of all italicised words.
I need a macro for changing the colour of the italicised words to bold and
red and
another macro to put back to normal and black, after checking the spellings
Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Srinivasulu B Srinivasulu B is offline

.....Search for italicized text....
How?

If I can find italicised text by Find & Replace techinque, I do not require a macro.
The issue is that I do not know this method.
Hence my request for a macro
seeena

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
Do you really need a macro? Find and Replace will do what you want. Search
for italicized text and format it as bold and red (and not italic, if
desired). When you're done spell checking, search for bold red text and
format it as Default Paragraph Font.

"Srinivasulu B" wrote in message
I have a huge document of 1600 pages.
I have to check spellings of all italicised words.
I need a macro for changing the colour of the italicised words to bold and
red and
another macro to put back to normal and black, after checking the spellings
Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Press Ctrl+H to display the Find and Replace dialog box. Place the cursor in
the "Find what" box. Click the More button. Click Format, and then click
Font. Specify the settings to search for. Then place the cursor in the
"Replace with" box. Click Format, Font, and specify the settings to replace
with. Click Replace All to carry out the find & replace operation.

After you've performed the spell checking, replace red bold text with the
Default Paragraph Font: For the "Find what" box, do as above. For the
"Replace with box," click Format, Style, and locate "Default Paragraph
Font." Click Replace All.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

This is a good tip--and a reminder for me. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can also use Ctlr+B, Ctrl+U, and other formatting shortcuts. Note that
pressing the same shortcut again will result in Not Italic, Not Bold, etc.
You have to press it a third time to return to the No Formatting state.

[...]

Is there a shortcut cue for italics? Julie Microsoft Word Help 4 April 26th 23 02:55 PM
Italics Ants Microsoft Word Help 2 July 16th 07 01:00 PM
Italics SF New Users 0 October 24th 05 01:50 AM
Italics SF New Users 5 October 22nd 05 10:56 PM
I have no italics in my word document but random italics appear w. San Microsoft Word Help 8 August 23rd 05 12:38 AM