Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Middleton Greg Middleton is offline

Default copy a table from word to excel as cells

I have a table that has been created in Word that i want to copy to Excel.
Specifically I want each cell in the word table to correspond to a single
cell in excel.

I'm running into a problem where Returns were used to seperate the text in a
cell. when this cell goes to excel, the returns result in each line of text
being a new excel cell.

Versus the ability to use alt-Return in excel to put carriage returns inside
a cell for text formatting???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can use Alt+Enter in Word too. Since you didn't, you can use the
Edit | Replace command in Word to search the table for paragraph marks
and replace with line breaks.

Greg Middleton wrote:
I have a table that has been created in Word that i want to copy to Excel.
Specifically I want each cell in the word table to correspond to a single
cell in excel.

I'm running into a problem where Returns were used to seperate the text in a
cell. when this cell goes to excel, the returns result in each line of text
being a new excel cell.

Versus the ability to use alt-Return in excel to put carriage returns inside
a cell for text formatting???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] nathan589@hotmail.com is offline

hey im new to google and not sure how to make my own forum thing
please help me im desprate this is what i need help with.

All the key things on google such as : web : images :news :maps etc
has moved to the top left of my computer screen nothing else just my
main searching tools :S

please help its soo annoying

i really need help

Sorry but this has nothing to do about this topic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg Middleton[_2_] Greg Middleton[_2_] is offline

That's what I thought, but that doesn't work.

I did Find/replace Paragraph Mark/Manual Line Break.

Did a Select on the entire Table and then paste into excel. same result, it
splits the Manual Line Breaks into a new row in excel.

I'm using Word 2007/Excel 2007; sp1

Greg Middleton wrote:
I have a table that has been created in Word that i want to copy to Excel.
Specifically I want each cell in the word table to correspond to a single
cell in excel.

I'm running into a problem where Returns were used to seperate the text in a
cell. when this cell goes to excel, the returns result in each line of text
being a new excel cell.

Versus the ability to use alt-Return in excel to put carriage returns inside
a cell for text formatting???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] nathan589@hotmail.com is offline

how do i make my own group thing then...