Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DaGracer DaGracer is offline

Default Table will not print on first page

Hi, everyone.

I have a table that has a row that is repeated as a header on every page. On
the first page, I have 3 lines of text at the very top and then the table
which spans 3 pages. For some reason, the table was pushed down to start on
page 2. Therefore the only thing on page one is my 3 lines of text and the
header row that is to be repeated on each page. There are no section breaks
or paragragh breaks anywhere.

How can I get my table to start on page one instead of the second? I'm very
frustrated.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

There are a number of settings to check. For example, you may have "Page
break before" (Format Paragraph Line and Page Breaks tab) turned on for
all of or some of the paragraphs in the first table row. For other
possibilities, see:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"DaGracer" wrote:

Hi, everyone.

I have a table that has a row that is repeated as a header on every page. On
the first page, I have 3 lines of text at the very top and then the table
which spans 3 pages. For some reason, the table was pushed down to start on
page 2. Therefore the only thing on page one is my 3 lines of text and the
header row that is to be repeated on each page. There are no section breaks
or paragragh breaks anywhere.

How can I get my table to start on page one instead of the second? I'm very
frustrated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DaGracer DaGracer is offline

Hi Lene.

That seemed to work. It wasn't selected for my first row, but when I
selected the entire document it looked like all of the settings were checked
for some reason. Once I deselected all of them, all was back to normal.

Thanks for all your help!

"DaGracer" wrote:

Hi, everyone.

I have a table that has a row that is repeated as a header on every page. On
the first page, I have 3 lines of text at the very top and then the table
which spans 3 pages. For some reason, the table was pushed down to start on
page 2. Therefore the only thing on page one is my 3 lines of text and the
header row that is to be repeated on each page. There are no section breaks
or paragragh breaks anywhere.

How can I get my table to start on page one instead of the second? I'm very
frustrated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

FWIW, you usually do want to have "Keep with next" applied to your heading
row(s). And if a table will all fit on one page, you can apply it to every
row but the last. But if the table is too long for one page, or if the last
row is trying to stay with following text (especially if that text is also
formatted as KWN), then you end up with a problem.