wparrish

Default How to prevent header info from appearing on the first few pages.

I am attempting to set print for a book. The first several pages can not show
a header or footer. How do I begin the Header info (title of book and pg no)
with the first page of the first chapter and keep the header info from
appearing in the first several pages?
Thanks.
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:09:02 -0700, "wparrish"
wrote:

I am attempting to set print for a book. The first several pages can not show
a header or footer. How do I begin the Header info (title of book and pg no)
with the first page of the first chapter and keep the header info from
appearing in the first several pages?
Thanks.

Insert a section break between the front matter and Chapter 1, and
turn off Same As Previous in the header and footer of Chapter 1. Then
delete the contents (if any) of the header and footer of the first
section.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...rontMatter.htm

--
Regards,