COZWO

Default Merge a directory

I am trying to create a list of intersections on a page using the Directory
in merge in Word 2003. I am using a table format, and the table has 3
columns which are labeled. The colum headings appear everytime, and then the
intersection, column headings, intersection etc. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.
Doug Robbins

Either put the column headings in a one row table in the header of the
document or insert a row at the top of the table in the document produced
by executing the merge to a new document. With a directory type mailmerge,
everything on the page is repeated for each record. Therefore, if you do
not want that, all that you can have in the body of the mail merge main
document is the mergefields in the cells of a one row table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"COZWO" wrote in message
I am trying to create a list of intersections on a page using the Directory
in merge in Word 2003. I am using a table format, and the table has 3
columns which are labeled. The colum headings appear everytime, and then
the
intersection, column headings, intersection etc. What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.

Graham Mayor

You are not actually doing anything wrong. That's how such a merge works.
Everything you put on the page is duplicated for each record. Doug has
already posted the solutions.