Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yrapaport yrapaport is offline

Default How to prevent unexpected styles from appearing?

Hello.

Using Word 2002 and my user-defined template, I sometimes see unexpected
scripts appear in the styles and layout toolbar, such as "mystyle + complex".
This behavoir depends on the PC I use; sometimes the styles remain untouched.

I have tried to reconfigure my Office XP regional settings to use only
English (US) and French, but it did not solve anything. I also reinstalled
Office on the faulty PC, without success.

Where does this problem come from and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Yann
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In Tools Options Edit, uncheck "Keep track of formatting".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

yrapaport wrote:
Hello.

Using Word 2002 and my user-defined template, I sometimes see
unexpected scripts appear in the styles and layout toolbar, such as
"mystyle + complex". This behavoir depends on the PC I use; sometimes
the styles remain untouched.

I have tried to reconfigure my Office XP regional settings to use only
English (US) and French, but it did not solve anything. I also
reinstalled Office on the faulty PC, without success.

Where does this problem come from and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Yann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
yrapaport yrapaport is offline

Thanks for your answer.

This makes the unexpected formattings disappear, but the expected ones as
well (like mystyle + bold).

Does anyone know why these unexpected styles (more exactly formattings)
appear, why it is different from one PC to the other, and how I can prevent
it?

Regards,
Yann

yrapaport wrote:
Hello.

Using Word 2002 and my user-defined template, I sometimes see
unexpected scripts appear in the styles and layout toolbar, such as
"mystyle + complex". This behavoir depends on the PC I use; sometimes
the styles remain untouched.

I have tried to reconfigure my Office XP regional settings to use only
English (US) and French, but it did not solve anything. I also
reinstalled Office on the faulty PC, without success.

Where does this problem come from and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Yann

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

In Tools Options Edit, uncheck "Keep track of formatting".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

newsgroup so