Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default How to show header in Draft View (Word2007)

When I shift from Print View to Draft View in a document the headers doesn't
show. I can make a header pane appear using:

Sub Test()
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterP rimary).Range.Select
End Sub

This opens a pane at the bottom of the view with the header contents. This
pane has an "X" to close it in the top right corner.

Is there a UI command somewhere that will toggle the header pane open and
closed?

Thanks.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the UI of Word 2003 and earlier, the command is View | Header and Footer
to open and the Close button on the Header and Footer toolbar to close. In
recent versions, this actually throws you temporarily into Print Layout view
rather than show a pane for the header/footer (like the footnote pane).
According to the Word Command Reference, the corresponding command to open
the header in Word 2007 is Insert | Header & Footer (since people always
looked for it on the Insert menu anyway when they were first creating a
header and there was nothing yet to "view").

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
When I shift from Print View to Draft View in a document the headers
doesn't show. I can make a header pane appear using:

Sub Test()
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterP rimary).Range.Select
End Sub

This opens a pane at the bottom of the view with the header contents.
This pane has an "X" to close it in the top right corner.

Is there a UI command somewhere that will toggle the header pane open and
closed?

Thanks.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not aware of any UI tool that does it. However, when in Draft view, you
can use the NormalViewHeaderArea built-in command to display the draft
view's pane. Oddly enough, there doesn't appear to be a corresponding
command for footers.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
When I shift from Print View to Draft View in a document the headers
doesn't show. I can make a header pane appear using:

Sub Test()
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterP rimary).Range.Select
End Sub

This opens a pane at the bottom of the view with the header contents.
This pane has an "X" to close it in the top right corner.

Is there a UI command somewhere that will toggle the header pane open and
closed?

Thanks.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm
For some helpful tips using Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The same thing happens in Word 2007: If you're in draft view and you
click Insert Header Edit Header, it automatically switches to
Print Layout view.

"Greg Maxey" wrote in message
When I shift from Print View to Draft View in a document the headers
doesn't show. I can make a header pane appear using:

Sub Test()
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterP rimary).Range.Select
End Sub

This opens a pane at the bottom of the view with the header contents.
This pane has an "X" to close it in the top right corner.

Is there a UI command somewhere that will toggle the header pane open and
closed?

Thanks.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP