Gayle

Default what are the Microsoft default settings for Word documents?

In order to have all employees use the same settings I would like to find out
what the default settings are for font, tabs, headers, footers etc., I have
found, from another thread, what the default margin setting are.
Graham Mayor

If you want employees to use the same settings for company documents, then
provide them with appropriate document templates set up as you require. On a
network you can set up the users to access the same document templates (BUT
NOT NORMAL.DOT). Forget the default settings.

Gayle wrote:
In order to have all employees use the same settings I would like to
find out what the default settings are for font, tabs, headers,
footers etc., I have found, from another thread, what the default
margin setting are.

Gayle

Thanks for the tip, however we are not on a network. Where could I find what
the default "normal.dot" is? The boss wants us all to reset our computers
with the "at purchase" settings. Thanks.

Gayle wrote:
In order to have all employees use the same settings I would like to
find out what the default settings are for font, tabs, headers,
footers etc., I have found, from another thread, what the default
margin setting are.

Graham Mayor

Whether or not you are on a network, the original recommendation still
stands. Provide document templates for the company documents and leave
normal.dot alone. Network access means that you can share the same copies of
the templates and makes it simpler to manage.