katy

Default Vertical text

I am trying to create a road map for a wedding reception to print on labels.
Anything horizontal is easy. How do I insert vertical text such as the name
a highway (Hwy 13) that prints vertically without using Text Box? The Text
box insert has a box of lines around it and I don't want that.

I just want my vertical line to read Hwy 13 vertically so it shows up on the
vertical line. Drawing tools allowed me the vertical line.

Do I have to use a table?

or a Cell? Or is there some way to use Text Box and then have the 4
lines around the words disappear? I would draw it here but I can't, using
Plain Text.

I'd sure love to hear of an easy way to write 'Hwy 13' and turn it so it
reads vertically WITHOUT a box around it. Is it possible at all?

TIA,
katy

Jay Freedman

Yes, you can remove the borders from the text box. Right-click an edge
of the box and select Format Text Box. Set the Line color to "No
line".

You could also use a one-cell table. For that, you would use the
Format Borders & Shading dialog and set the border to None.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:25:04 -0500, "katy"
wrote:

I am trying to create a road map for a wedding reception to print on labels.
Anything horizontal is easy. How do I insert vertical text such as the name
a highway (Hwy 13) that prints vertically without using Text Box? The Text
box insert has a box of lines around it and I don't want that.

I just want my vertical line to read Hwy 13 vertically so it shows up on the
vertical line. Drawing tools allowed me the vertical line.

Do I have to use a table?

or a Cell? Or is there some way to use Text Box and then have the 4
lines around the words disappear? I would draw it here but I can't, using
Plain Text.

I'd sure love to hear of an easy way to write 'Hwy 13' and turn it so it
reads vertically WITHOUT a box around it. Is it possible at all?

TIA,
katy

katy

Wow, Thanks Jay! It works slick!
Now I'm happy.......... katy

wrote:

[...]

End/FootNote text style Shaun Page Layout 4 July 5th 05 04:36 PM
How can I ALT-Select vertical text without the research pane show. craigeryjohn Microsoft Word Help 1 March 9th 05 05:49 PM
Vertical text column, titling page? Luke Microsoft Word Help 2 February 22nd 05 12:30 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Can I change the vertical alignment of text in a text box? Fien Page Layout 2 November 25th 04 03:47 PM