Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Harrison Tony Harrison is offline

Default Word 2007 - put footer onto every new document when Word starts

Hi,
I've tried to find the solution to this, but to no avail.

In 2003 we modified the normal.dot so that every new document had the
filename and path in the footer.

In 2007 I have modified the normal.dotm and if I click the Office Button,
New, my templates, Normal then it works fine, but what I want is when the
user just opens Word that the footer already contains the footer.

I've got to roll this to 150 users so didn't want to modify each machine,
but can make changes in Group Policy or via the login script (to copy files
into locations, etc).

Any help is gratefully received