Mel. Schuster

Default How do I format rows in a table in Word? (i.e. $,%,etc)

If I have a table in Word, and want to format a column to read money as an
example (If I type "2.31" I want it to format to read: "$2.31"), how do I do
that? Or if I want to type "5.62" but I want it to read "5.62%", what would
I do for that instance?

Thanks!
Mel. Schuster

I know that is Excel, but does Word do the same things in tables? At work we
work out of word for certain things and I have to waste time adding manually
the dollar sign. Just wondering

"Anne Troy" wrote:

That's Excel, Mel.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Mel. Schuster" Mel. wrote in message
If I have a table in Word, and want to format a column to read money as an
example (If I type "2.31" I want it to format to read: "$2.31"), how do I

do
that? Or if I want to type "5.62" but I want it to read "5.62%", what

would
I do for that instance?

Thanks!

Anne Troy

Sorry, Mel. Didn't mean to be "short". No, this isn't possible in Word. What
I usually do is make an additional column in the table and put the $ in it.
Perhaps if you can tell us what you're creating, we can help more. Also...
whether you're interested in a VBA fix or not.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Mel. Schuster" wrote in message
I know that is Excel, but does Word do the same things in tables? At work

we
work out of word for certain things and I have to waste time adding

manually
the dollar sign. Just wondering

"Anne Troy" wrote:

That's Excel, Mel.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Mel. Schuster" Mel. wrote in

message
If I have a table in Word, and want to format a column to read money

as an
example (If I type "2.31" I want it to format to read: "$2.31"), how

do I
do
that? Or if I want to type "5.62" but I want it to read "5.62%", what

would
I do for that instance?

Thanks!

Mel. Schuster

Ok, that's what I was wondering ... Thank you for your help!
Mel.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Sorry, Mel. Didn't mean to be "short". No, this isn't possible in Word. What
I usually do is make an additional column in the table and put the $ in it.
Perhaps if you can tell us what you're creating, we can help more. Also...
whether you're interested in a VBA fix or not.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Mel. Schuster" wrote in message
I know that is Excel, but does Word do the same things in tables? At work

we
work out of word for certain things and I have to waste time adding

manually
the dollar sign. Just wondering

"Anne Troy" wrote:

That's Excel, Mel.